To be honest, I don't feel like hashing it out right now because I don't have any answers. Yet, I made the decision to be accountable by posting every week and while I'm a couple days late on it, I can't not post just because I don't feel like it.
So, here goes....
Last week: 286.2
This week: 286.0
Loss of - 0.2
Total Loss - 41 lbs
So, there it is. .2 lbs loss. At least it's a loss. I know that. And if I let myself, I'd be irritated. But I know it doesn't do any good. Just gotta keep on going, adjust what needs to be adjusted and the bigger losses will come back.
As for adjustments, there's a few coming down the pike that may make a difference:
- Jim is starting a new job on Thursday as head chef of a local restaurant here in Belfast and so he'll be away for dinner-time most evenings of the week....so in some ways, there'll be more flexibility for me to fix things he wouldn't normally eat that may help me keep going.
- Lent begins next week and I have decided to go pescatarian (vegetarian that eats fish & seafood - but no land animals) for the 40 days of lent. I'm actually quite excited about it! I definitely want to "beef up" (ha!) my vegetarian recipe repertoire and while I'm comfortable cooking shellfish, I rarely cook fish, so this will push my boundaries a bit.
- I am going to enroll in an "improvers" swimming class next week (to start the week after), so I'll be taking a swimming class once a week for the next 8 weeks and get a different kind of activity in more often.
- The sun is shining in Northern Ireland!! Luna and I had our first walk at the park of the season this past week and so I'm looking forward to more outside activity now that the weather is a bit more hospitable.
- I've visited the local equestrian center (about 2 miles from our house) to get information on lessons and riding again (it's been about 15 years since I've ridden!). It seems completely do-able, despite the fact that it's English-style, so I think that'll be something I'll try to pursue in the coming weeks provided I don't have to buy a whole load of kit. I miss being around horses and think it'll be a nice switch-up on the physical activity front.
Oh, and by the way, I'll be late posting the next weigh-in as well as I'm out of town to speak at a conference this coming weekend. So look for the next weigh-in post on Monday or Tuesday.